- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Mark Sanchez Will Save L.A. From Its Pro Football-less Abyss
This is weird: 710 ESPN LA has reached an agreement with the New York Jets to broadcast all of the team’s regular-season games this upcoming NFL season, beginning with the Jets’ Sept. 11 matchup against the Cowboys.
The decision was made in part to reconnect Sanchez with his Southern California fanbase. An Orange County native, Sanchez is of course known for being a standout quarterback at USC.
Another factor, because this alone probably isn’t a good enough reason to broadcast Jets games in L.A.: there continues to be growing interest in bringing an NFL team to the city. Says President/General Manager of ESPN LA, Scott McCarthy:
“There is tremendous passion for the NFL here in LA, and this partnership with an elite franchise will further engergize the Southland’s sizable population of football fans, who continue to express excitement about the potential return of an NFL team to the region.”
So, yeah, L.A., you get to listen to a team that plays all the way on the other side of the country. Congrats!
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts