- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Meet Me In St. Louis: For The World Series, Not Monday Night Football
St. Louis had to make a choice tonight: the NFL at the Edward Jones Dome, or the World series nine blocks away at Busch Stadium, The fans chose baseball … even though some Rams tickets selling for as little as $8 earlier today, according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek. You win again, Bud Selig.
— Gina Fiorito (@ginafiorito) October 29, 2013
Baseball also won on TV, surprisingly, on Sunday night.
Fox' World Series Game 4 gets 10.5 overnight, squeeking out a win over 10.3 for Packers-Vikings SNF. World Series thru 4 games is up 7%
— Austin Karp (@AustinKarp) October 28, 2013
Think how the baseball game would have done without Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. The NFL might have lost by 10 points.
Anyway, tonight was only the second time that Monday Night Football and a World Series game have overlapped in the same immediate area. Via Bloomberg:
The New York Giants hosted the Washington Redskins on the same night as game seven of the 1986 World Series between the New York Mets and Boston Red Sox at Shea Stadium (a night Sox fans are still trying to forget). Though Giants Stadium and Shea (now Met Life Stadium and Citi Field) are nearly 25 miles apart and in separate states.
Ticket prices for the Rams-Seahawks game have fallen like a safe over the past four daysL from about $58.11 average per seat to $21.52, with some seats going for as little as $8.
This is a good way to end up based in London, Rams.
- Filed Under:
- monday night football
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside