- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Megan Welter Is An Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader, Is Also Heavily Armed
Megan Welter served a tour of duty in Iraq as a platoon leader, but after she got back it took her three years to work up the courage to try out for the Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders.
Something’s out of whack with that sentence, methinks.
Earlier today we presented our latest Pretty Much Screwed NFL season preview on the Arizona Cardinals. Here’s one reason why the team is not screwed: Megan Welter.
She made the cheerleading squad in 2011, and is still there. She’s also an Army reservist. She served in Iraq in 2007.
“I was deployed to Joint Base Belad which is about an hour north of Baghdad. At first, it was, it was scary you know, but…it’s what I signed up to do.” She was only 23 years old and in charge of the maintaining the communications network for the largest base in Iraq. “It was definitely a sink-or-swim type of experience.
- Filed Under:
- Arizona Cardinals
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside