- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Mere Mention Of Aaron Hernandez Is Causing Violence And Getting People Arrested
Remember the good ol’ days, when saying the name “Aaron Hernandez” was usually succeeded by “is good at football” or “is a great fantasy option this year,” and seeing him at your local diner was a rare treat that left everybody smiling? Needless to say, mentioning Hernandez invokes a different response now that he’s said to be a murderer.
The patrons of Gold Roc Diner in West Hartford, CT found that out the hard way when somebody who looks like Aaron Hernandez — possibly his brother, DJ — walked into the establishment early Saturday morning, ostensibly seeking sustenance. Somebody called out “Hey, Aaron Hernandez!” and it was on (from The Hartford Courant):
Someone then yelled for the person to shut up, and the fight started. A woman was punched in the face and pushed to the floor, and [Alberto] Lopez and [Thomas] Miller were cut on their faces, police said.
Lopez and Miller told police that DJ Hernandez, Aaron Hernandez’s brother, had been sitting at a table with them but was not involved in the fight, Lt. Frank Fallon said…
Alberto Lopez, 30, of Blakeslee Street in Bristol; Jesus Agosto, 36, of Rocky Hill Avenue in New Britain and Thomas Miller, 30, of Iowa Street in Torrington were each charged with third-degree assault, breach of peace, and third-degree criminal mischief, police said. Each is scheduled to be arraigned in Superior Court in Hartford on July 11, police said.
That seemed like a bit of an overreaction on everybody’s part. The idiot who called out “Hey, Aaron Hernandez!” either didn’t know that Hernandez is currently being held without parole and thus can’t go eat breakfast at a diner, or is an asshole. The group of dudes eating with DJ should not pick a fight with every ignoramus or asshole in Connecticut. Nobody should be punching ladies in the face.
At least this isn’t the worst story we’ve heard today.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Aaron Hernandez
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story