- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Michael Sam Gets His First Job Offer: With WWE Raw
Well, Michael Sam is now officially a sideshow. At least the producers of WWE Raw think so, as they’ve extended the ex-St. Louis rams prospect a rather awkward and insulting invitation into the world of pro wrestling.
— WWE (@WWE) September 2, 2014
WWE Raw tapes in Baltimore on Friday, and there’s no word so far on any response to the invite by Sam or his representative.
Sam, the first openly-gay player to be taken in the NFL Draft, was cut by the Rams last week despite a very good preseason. But he may be seen as too one-dimensional by many teams, which could be a reason he hasn’t been chosen. As a DE, Sam is a good pass rusher, but may be much weaker in drop-back coverage and on special teams. Others have their theories as well, though:
— Larry King (@kingsthings) September 2, 2014
Half of all NFL teams have already filled their practice squad rosters, according to Business Insider. There may be in fact only about 14 sports remaining in all of the league, and those will likely be filled with versatile players who can play special teams.
Did intense media coverage play a large part in this? Some say that ESPN in particular — including an awful “report” on Sam’s showering habits — may have played a large part in his being unemployed right now.
GM tells me: "Teams want to sign Michael Sam but fear the media attention." To me, that's cowardice. But that's just me.
— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) September 1, 2014
If so, that’s a shame. And it puts Sam’s situation in pretty much the same boat as Tim Tebow’s — except that Tebow of course initially got a chance in the NFL.
READ: ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam [SportsGrid]
- Filed Under:
- michael sam
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy