- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Michael Vick’s Book Tour Will Continue Despite Death Threats
This is great news for that incredibly specific cross-section of America that cares about Michael Vick and loves to read.
Michael Vick just wants to tell his story. He wants the world to know he is a fighter, a changed man, and deserves, if nothing else, your pity. You want to hear about how a millionaire NFL star tortured dogs, went to jail, returned to the NFL, signed a fat contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, and then wrote a book, right? Well, too bad, because Vick is resurrecting his recently-cancelled tour to promote that book.
Vick spoke with USA Today to explain how, after so many years, he’s now giving back with his autobiography Finally Free, or something.
“Why would you continue to bash somebody who’s trying to help make the world a better place?”
“A lot of people are sick and tired of hearing about my past, because there are so many other problems that are going on in this world that need to have attention drawn to them. People are dying every day, children are being killed, going to jail. Not to say I overlook what I’ve done, but I try to do outreach as a positive.”
You can probably understand why Vick feels like a victim here. I mean, he did serve one year of jail time after participating in dog fighting for six years. Pay no attention to the $100 million contract he received from the Eagles a couple years later. Not relevant.
It remains to be seen as to how Vick is “trying to help make the world a better place,” though I will give him the benefit of the doubt and trust that he at least isn’t torturing dogs anymore. I guess that’s a step in the right direction?
- Filed Under:
- Michael Vick
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On
- The Year Of Serena Williams