- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Mike Ditka Thinks Sarah Palin Is A Great Lady, Despite All The (Expletive)
Mike Ditka is an old-school type of guy. Sarah Palin built her reputation on being an old-school type of woman. So it makes sense that the iconic former leader of Da Bears might harbor a fondness for the former Alaska governor/vice presidential candidate, and during a recent address in Illinois (as part of a speaker series that previously featured Palin), Ditka confirmed it for all to hear:
“I understand Sarah Palin spoke here last year. I admire her,” Ditka said about the former vice presidential candidate. “She’s a great lady, mother and wife, and that’s more important than the (expletive) the media spreads about her.”
At this point, we imagine Journal Star reporter/lamestream media member Steve Stein, who wrote the story on Ditka’s address, began salivating at the material gave him. Good thing, too, since after delivering that line, Ditka immediately left in order to beat God at golf.
…Okay, fine, no, he didn’t actually do that. Rather, he talked about things like his lack of desire to coach again (“I couldn’t stand on the sidelines for three hours”), and his family (“[My father] was hard on me, but he wanted me to do better than he’d done”). Oh, and he expressed admiration for another politician, albeit a less controversial one:
Earlier, Ditka said he admired [Abraham] Lincoln “because he never strayed from his convictions, unlike today’s politicians[.]“
Well, no argument there, for us or pretty much anyone else. And no surprise, really, re: Palin. Ditka once considered running for Senate in Illinois as a Republican in 2004 (his opponent, of course, would have been this guy), and even campaigned for John McCain and Palin in 2008. Since Palin equals automatic controversy, people will undoubtedly have a few things to say about Ditka’s endorsement, but a look into the guy’s history (and let’s face it, a wild guess even if you didn’t know) shows it didn’t reveal anything we didn’t already know.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence