- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- An 'Aaron Ramsey Curse'? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 New Orleans Saints Season Preview
- 4 Rookie Quarterbacks Who Will Start And Have Fantasy Value This Season
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Morning Links: Giants/Jets, Bryce Harper Signs, K-Rod Sidelined
While you were sleeping, SportsGrid was up all night watching TV and searching the internet for links to help get your day started. Today, the Jets and Giants open their new stadium, the Nationals sign their new #1 pick, the K-Rod situation gets even worse, and more.
Francisco Rodriguez, who actually returned from his brief post-girlfriend’s-father-disaster suspension to pitch on Saturday, is now done for the season. He’ll need surgery for a torn thumb ligament that, yes, he injured while fighting the grandfather of his children. The New York Mets, everybody!
The Rays beat Cliff Lee and the Rangers 6-4. Lee had one walk, raising his total for the year to 10 (vs. 147 strikeouts). Man, he sucks!
Finally, Jason Whitlock is leaving the Kansas City Star. Not a shock, considering people already noticed his byline had long been absent from the paper. The Big Lead speculated on what he might do now, although who knows – maybe he’s content just writing columns for FOX.
Photo via the New York Times. Check back in with SportsGrid all day to satisfy your sports-meets-pop-culture sensibilities.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts