- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Morning Links: Giants/Jets, Bryce Harper Signs, K-Rod Sidelined
While you were sleeping, SportsGrid was up all night watching TV and searching the internet for links to help get your day started. Today, the Jets and Giants open their new stadium, the Nationals sign their new #1 pick, the K-Rod situation gets even worse, and more.
Francisco Rodriguez, who actually returned from his brief post-girlfriend’s-father-disaster suspension to pitch on Saturday, is now done for the season. He’ll need surgery for a torn thumb ligament that, yes, he injured while fighting the grandfather of his children. The New York Mets, everybody!
The Rays beat Cliff Lee and the Rangers 6-4. Lee had one walk, raising his total for the year to 10 (vs. 147 strikeouts). Man, he sucks!
Finally, Jason Whitlock is leaving the Kansas City Star. Not a shock, considering people already noticed his byline had long been absent from the paper. The Big Lead speculated on what he might do now, although who knows – maybe he’s content just writing columns for FOX.
Photo via the New York Times. Check back in with SportsGrid all day to satisfy your sports-meets-pop-culture sensibilities.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story