- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Lions’ Nate Burleson Provides Another Creative Twist On Sunday Night Football Player Intros
Presented with the opportunity to state their name and alma mater when introduced on national football telecasts, some NFL players like to play with the format a bit. Some players name their high school instead of their college. Ohio State alums seem to be locked in an endless competition to see who can most strongly accent the “THE” in “THE Ohio State University.” Others just do whatever they want. And last night, the Lions’ Nate Burleson (who had a rough time against the Saints) took a dip way into his past:
Maybe it’s happened before, but this is the first we’ve heard of a player listing his elementary school as his alma mater. Not that we can totally blame Burleson: he already shot one of these when the Lions played a Monday night game earlier this year. Gotta shake things up a bit. Besides, which institution would probably appreciate the national TV shoutout more: the University of Nevada, where Burleson went to college, or a humble elementary school? Burleson can safely count Glenn Davis, Parkview Elementary, as a fan of your tweaking of the format.
- Filed Under:
- detroit lions
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story