- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
New England Billboards Count Down To AFC Championship Game/Ray Lewis’ Retirement
Oh, so this is why people hate Boston sports fans.
New England Patriots fans are getting a little too confident about their team’s matchup tomorrow against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Championship game. How confident? They’re advertising the game as Ray Lewis’ retirement party with LED billboards counting down to the event. Makes sense since Ray Lewis plans to retire at the end of the season and the Patriots are favored in the game.
Okay, so the billboards aren’t actually by just some superfan. Clear Channel Outdoor Boston is the company behind them, and according to marketing manager Mike Dobson, this is not a new promotion. They did similar billboards for last year’s Super Bowl and last weekend’s game against the Houston Texans. Given the history between the Ravens and Patriots, you can understand why this billboard got a little more attention.
No word yet as to whether or not Baltimore will quickly put up a billboard advertising Ray Lewis’ actual retirement party or fight fire with fire by advertising Tom Brady’s retirement party tomorrow afternoon. That would probably be more intimidating since Brady has no plans to retire anytime soon.
- San Francisco 49ers Preseason: Taking The Bad With The Good
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy