- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The New York Jets, The Gift That Keeps On Giving, Had A Conversation About Bringing In JaMarcus Russell
Mark Sanchez is still the front-runner to land the New York Jets’ starting quarterback job. The two-year contract extension he received before last season has handcuffed the Jets options under center, shoving the same circus trio of Sanchez, McElroy and Tebow (if he’s not traded) out there to fill the position.
Still, new GM John Idzik is exploring his quarterback options because throwing names up on a white board and forecasting a wildly positive future is a thing new GMs do. One of those futures includes JaMarcus Russell.
Via the Star-Ledger:
“More recently, after Tannenbaum was let go, members of the organization had some very exploratory, informal discussions regarding former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the 2007 No. 1 overall pick who flamed out of the NFL after the 2009 season. Russell recently decided to mount a comeback in hopes of returning to the league next season.”
Ah yes, 300 pounds of purple drank, the perfect way to quench your quarterback thirst. Russell hasn’t played since the Raiders cut him in May 2010, so bringing him into the fold is exactly Jets. John Idzik will fit right in.
UPDATE: Apparently the Jets have no real interest in Russell. Good for them, boring for the rest of us.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?