- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
SportsGrid’s NFL Picks Vs. The ‘Experts,’ Conference Championships: Pete Prisco Is So Bad, It’s Hilarious
The SportsGrid staff has been picking NFL games against the spread all year long, against Pete Prisco, a reader, Bill Simmons and a Cat on a Roomba vacuum cleaner. We published the regular-season results a few weeks ago. Only one person made (hypothetical) money. Only two people finished above .500.
We aren’t doing much better in the playoffs. Bill Simmons isn’t included in the graphic, because he’s too cool to submit his picks on time. Then again, we don’t ask him to submit picks. He went 2-2 last week, after going 2-2 in the Wild Card Round. I’ll need a few days to confirm the math, but I estimate his playoffs record at 4-4 (.52747).
Here are our picks against the spread for the AFC and NFC Championship games. And… Rob Ford is back!
Also: Be sure to check out my weekly preview with detailed analysis and bets for each game.
There is bad, and then there are people that call themselves experts. Exhibit A: Pete Prisco.
Notes: Point spreads are taken from 5dimes.eu sometime near the end of the week. They fluctuate, but we have to pick a number and stick with it.
- Filed Under:
- SportsGrid's NFL picks
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen