- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
UPDATE: New York Newspapers Get Started Mocking New York Jets QB Michael Vick
In a day filled with surprises (Duke-Mercer, anyone?), the worst kept secret in football reared its ugly, awkwardly corn-rowed head. We’re not sure who the winner is here. Sanchez gets to leave the Jets (though he misses out on that $2 million bonus he’d have received on Tuesday). Vick gets paid (one year, $5 million). The Jets get a professional football player to reluctantly join their team (definitely an upgrade behind center). A win/win/win?
Not so fast…
— New York Jets (@nyjets) March 21, 2014
— FOX Sports Live (@FOXSportsLive) March 21, 2014
Wouldn’t you know it, there’s already a controversy (gang green’s 2014 season is going to be great in that department). Vick has made it clear that he’ll need Geno Smith to cough up his jersey number. “Sup, I’m the new quarterback — gimme your shirt, bitch.” You can’t make this shit up.
[NJ.com] “Sources close to Vick tell us … Mike is very serious about rocking No. 7 next season, no matter which team signs him,” the site wrote. “Besides the fact he wore No. 7 in college and all throughout his pro career, Vick also has a clothing line called V7 — and he’s dead serious about sticking with his number. … We’re told the jersey situation is not an absolute dealbreaker — but it will be a “big issue” in negotiations.”
Wait, we just realized who wins in all this: The New York Post and Daily News.
Photos va Media Bistro
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Mayweather Jr. Ready for Rematch with Alvarez
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar