- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
NFL Gives OK For Brandon Marshall’s Green Shoes, But Will Fine Him
As Dr. Seuss fans know, even Sam I Am cracked in the end.
After first saying that he would be barred from the field if he tried to wear them, the NFL has backtracked, and now says it will allow Bears’ receiver Brandon Marshall to wear green cleats on Thursday. The league says it will fine him, however, for wearing the shoes — which Marshall says is to create awareness for mental health issues, this being Mental Health Awareness Week. Marshall himself has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
“I’m going to get fined and I’m going to match that, and we want to partner with a cancer-care [charity],” Marshall said. “We’re still working on the details to give, really give back to an organization that is doing work in the mental health area. [Also], the diagnosis of breast cancer can hit families hard. It affects all of us.”
The NFL initially refused Marshall’s request, saying that they can’t accommodate every cause. League of Denial, indeed. But after the publicity got out, the league revisited the issue, and compromised.
This, however, has created its own controversy.
Imagine the backlash if NFL didn't allow Marshall to wear green shoes Thurs. Esp after League of Denial http://t.co/DAIeI9R91J
— Jake Nevill (@jakenevill) October 9, 2013
This is sad. NFL cant make $ off of the cause so Brandon Marshall can't do something near/dear to his heart http://t.co/NUL3Cn6S8A
— Kevin Shockey (@KevinShockey) October 9, 2013
But go all out for pink and breast cancer. NFL is a joke
— Rik Rocc (@Rik_FIair) October 10, 2013
- Filed Under:
- brandon marshall
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party