- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
NFL Logos As Hipsters, Because Why Not?
Sometimes these logo redesigns are pointless. Sometimes that’s the point. Get it? Irony? Hipsters? Ugh, you’re so lame! Seriously though, if you’re unfamiliar with the concept of “a hipster,” here’s a very comprehensive, complicated explanation of what they are exactly.
[Wikipedia entry for "Hipster"] Hipster refers to a postmodern subculture of young, urban middle-class adults and older teenagers that first appeared in the 1990s and became particularly prominent in the 2010s, being derived from earlier movements in the 1940s. The subculture is associated with indie music and alternative music, a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store clothes), progressive or independent political views, and alternative lifestyles.
Hipster culture has been described as a “mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior[s]“. Christian Lorentzen of Time Out New York argues that “hipsterism fetishizes the authentic” elements of all of the “fringe movements of the postwar era—beat, hippie, punk, even grunge”, and draws on the “cultural stores of every unmelted ethnicity”, reinventing it “with a winking inauthenticity.” Lorentzen says that hipsters are mostly white 18- to 34-year old people.
Meanwhile, everyone knows what an NFL logo is (unless you’re THAT hip). Thedrawplay.com’s David Rappoccio decided to meld the worlds of Bushwick, Brooklyn, and Canton, Ohio, by (rather creatively) squeezing cliché hipster traits into the insignias of all 32 professional football teams. Once again, this is completely unnecessary — but that may very well be why it’s so very, very important.
Here are all your 2014 playoff teams, transformed into hipsters like an old sugar factory converted into co-op loft work/living space.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 25 Sexy WWE Diva Images You Need To See Before You Die
- Stacy Keibler Looking AMAZING on All Fours
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World