- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
“Do You Like Girls?” Is One NFL Team’s Way Of Asking-Without-Asking If A Prospect Is Gay
A job interview is supposed to be a sanctuary devoid of discrimination, and therefore questions about sexual orientation, or any non-job-related topic, are out of bounds. Ha! And you thought a tiny thing like that would stop the NFL. According to ProFootballTalk’s Mike Florio, NFL teams have been pestering Manti Te’o about his sexuality. In practical terms, they’d like to prepare for potential locker room hostility – in other words, Chris Culliver isn’t the only one after all.
Of course, no one should care. Sexual orientation has no bearing on on-field performance or anything else. And, again: it’s completely out of line and plainly illegal to ask about it. Still, that hasn’t stopped NFL teams from pursuing the subject. There was Te’o, of course, the dead girlfriend hoax prompting a flurry of gay rumors. But there are plenty of other NFL prospects in this draft, and it’s statistically likely that some of them are gay. And so the question continues to be asked, just not directly. Colorado tight end Nick Kasa told ESPN Radio in Denver how one unnamed team skirted around the question (via PFT):
“‘They ask you like, ‘Do you have a girlfriend? Are you married?’ Do you like girls?’ Kasa told ESPN Radio Denver on Tuesday. ‘Those kinds of things, and you know it was just kind of weird. But they would ask you with a straight face, and it’s a pretty weird experience altogether.’”
“Hey, prospect: Do you like that game with 11 people on both sides? Do you like the one with the oval ball that crosses a line for six points, either by throwing or running? Yes? Okay, great. Let’s move on. Is your mom a prostitute?”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts