- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Adam “Pacman” Jones Spent $1 Million In One Weekend, Is The Best Cautionary Tale In The History Of Everything
When you shock Terrell Owens with your senseless spending, you know you’re doing something wrong.
While speaking at the NFL Rookie Symposium last week (the NFL’s version of an introductory school-wide assembly), Adam “Pacman” Jones told the incoming freshmen how he recalled spending $1 million in one weekend, and advised them to save their money. Upon hearing about Pacman’s weekend spending spree, Owens, a notorious financial misplanner who was sitting on stage next to Pacman, reportedly shouted, “Man, you crazy!”
But enough making fun of Pacman, he deserves props for what he did. According to Colts rookie tight end Coby Fleener, Pacman reached out to the NFL himself and asked if he could address the rookies, serving as the ideal cautionary tale. Seriously, what better spokesperson on what not to do is there than Pacman Jones?
Fleener seemed inspired by the talk, which was an “on-stage conversation” with Jones and T.O.:
• Jones said there will not be another “Pacman” in the NFL, and credited Goodell for having changed him as a person. Jones understood that he put himself in a position to be suspended.
• Jones estimated that 90 percent of his childhood friends within two to three years of his age are now either dead or in jail. Jones grew up in Atlanta.
Well, Pacman Jones just praised Roger Goodell. That happened. And Pacman’s had a rough go of it, but he’s somehow still in the league, and according to himself, at least, he’s a changed man. I’m still not sure how he managed to spend $1 million in one weekend, but I will be sure to heed his advice. The next time I’m debating between buying a $4 beer or eight 30-liter bottles of Ace of Spades Champagne, I’ll stick with the brewski.
- Kelly Kelly Supports Boyfriend Sheldon Souray At Hockey Game
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- College Football's Top 10 Ugliest Helmets
- Pete Rose Disappointed with Wife's Breast Reduction