- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
PBS/ESPN Documentary ‘League Of Denial’ Has Been Denied Game Footage By The NFL
PBS’s Frontline recently announced that a two-part documentary titled “League of Denial: The NFL’s Concussion Crisis” will air in October. ESPN’s Outside The Lines is co-producing the project with the network. Here’s a preview:
Watch “League of Denial: The NFL’s Concussion Crisis” preview on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.
PBS describes the series as an:
“investigation examining whether—as thousands of former players allege—the NFL has covered up the risks of football on the brain.”
As of today, the NFL has refused to cooperate with the production of the documentary. They are not allowing any NFL game footage on the program and have elected to not give an interview.
Judging by the trailer, Frontline clearly had an agenda from the day started the series, which is exactly why the NFL should want their opinion heard in the documentary. One defense for not giving their point of view is the NFL is legitimately scared of concussions ruining the league and they don’t want to give the PBS production anymore credibility. Also worth mentioning is the league has a concussion lawsuit in mediation and probably doesn’t want to give the prosecution anymore ammunition.
Come October, I’m sure the series will make concussions the topic of the day on ESPN. But it isn’t likely to stop anyone from tuning into Monday Night Football. Sadly, the only thing that will significantly affect the NFL’s popularity is a body count.
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story