- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Peyton Manning Used To Beat Up Eli Unless He Could Remember Lists Of Things
Of course Peyton and Eli Manning didn’t exactly have a normal childhood by most standards. Having a famous, NFL-quarterbacking Mississippi icon father and being hotshot football prospects yourselves will do that. But that doesn’t mean the expected big brother-little brother dynamic didn’t exist at all between the two. Eli explained this week how Peyton used to assert his authority:
“His popular move…he would pin me down and take his knuckles and knock on my chest…”
Classic big brother-little brother torture. His reasoning behind doing it, though, was…less so.
“…and make me name the 12 schools in the SEC. I didn’t know them all at the time, but I quickly learned them.”
Well, of course Peyton Manning – the ultimate in cerebral quarterbacking, in knowing the game – would have to work some nerdiness into a display of physical dominance and torment his brother for possessing insufficient knowledge. Of course, making sibling bullying into a learning test had its benefits:
“It was a great learning technique. I don’t suggest anyone else try it out, but it definitely made me learn the schools of the SEC. Once I figured those out, he moved on.”
Wait, if it worked so well…why aren’t more teachers doing this?! We’ll turn our struggling education system around in a heartbeat. Oh, and as for what Peyton “moved on” to after Eli mastered the SEC? Among other things…cigarette brands. So maybe Eli was learning, but it wasn’t necessarily the best kind of knowledge to have. Oh, and any mystery about why Eli wears that perpetual hangdog look should be pretty well erased.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts