- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Peyton Manning’s Emotional Final Message To Indianapolis: “Thank You… From The Bottom Of My Heart”
In his final news conference as an Indianapolis Colt, Peyton Manning closed with an emotional last message to the city its fans: thank you.
The perennially classy Manning handled himself well, even in the somewhat uncomfortable final moments of his career as a Colt. From agreeing to ride back from Florida on the private jet of Colts owner Jim Irsay (even though Irsay had, only moments before, informed him he’d been cut), to riding back in Irsay’s car and stopping briefly to talk to reporters, to standing side-by-side with Irsay at the press conference today, Manning handled himself exactly how you would expect Peyton Manning to handle himself.
Here’s Manning’s final comments to Indy: “I only have a few words I have to say, a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
Video of Manning’s message, here:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts