- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Almost All Of The Philadelphia Eagles’ “Dream Team” Acquisitions Do Not Play For The Philadelphia Eagles Anymore
Two summers ago, the Philadelphia Eagles were primed for a Super Bowl run. A “Dream Team,” if we were to take Vince Young at his word. At the time, the proclamation struck a nerve – while our discerning selves couldn’t reconcile the NFL’s annual record volatility with such preseason certainty, there was that other twinge, the part that resonated. Michael Vick had just signed a $100 million contract and seemed to have finally figured out how to run and throw the ball. DeSean Jackson was still DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy was the shiftiest back in the league, and Jeremy Maclin was just rounding into form. The trio of corners – Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Asante Samuel – were intimidating in reputation.
8 wins and 8 losses later, the Dream Team missed the playoffs. One season later, Andy Reid was fired. And today, with the release of DT Cullen Jenkins, the Philadelphia Eagles’ Dream Team add-ons are mostly no more.
1. Donald Lee, 1-year contract: cut before 2011 season.
2. Johnnie Lee Higgins, 1-year contract: cut before 2011 season.
3. Ryan Harris, 1-year contract: cut before 2011 season.
4. Ronnie Brown, 1-year contract: signed with Chargers in 2012 offseason.
5. Jason Babin, 5-year contract: cut 11 games into 2012 season.
6. Vince Young, 1-year contract: signed with Bills in 2012 offseason. Went broke at Cheesecake Factory.
7. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, acquired via trade: currently an unrestricted free agent.
8. Cullen Jenkins, 5-year contract: cut in 2013 offseason.
9. Nnamdi Asomugha, 5-year contract: team currently threatening to waive him if he doesn’t take a pay cut.
10. Steve Smith, 1-year contract: signed with St. Louis in 2012 offseason.
11. Evan Mathis, 1-year contract: re-signed for five years with Eagles in 2012 offseason.
12. Phillip Hunt, 3-year contract: still with team.
13. Anthony Hargrove, 1-year contract: cut before 2011 season.
14. Derek Landri, 1-year contract: cut before 2011 season.
15. Jarrad Page, 1-year contract: cut during 2011 season. He’s playing minor league baseball now.
3 out of 15 are still with the team, contractually. One of those three – Nnamdi Asomugha – is being asked to take a pay cut because he’s sucked quite a bit. A fourth – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – is an unrestricted free agent whom the Eagles chose not to franchise. Considering his immense talent and young age, we can safely expect him to sign elsewhere.
The dream is pretty much dead, folks.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager