- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
49ers Don’t Want Randy Moss Back, Self-Proclaimed Greatest Receiver Ever May Retire
One year after unretiring from the NFL to help the San Francisco 49ers make it to the Super Bowl, Randy Moss may be forced to retire again as the the greatest receiver in 49ers history in his own mind.
After a one-year retirement from the NFL, Moss returned this season to record 28 catches for 434 yards and three touchdowns with the San Francisco, adding seven receptions for 112 yards during the team’s Super Bowl run, during which he called himself “the greatest receiver ever to play this game.” Despite Moss’ contributions, team officials made it clear at the scouting combine last week that the best receiver ever according to himself will not be brought back this fall.
If no other team is interested in signing greatness, Moss may officially retire from pro football after 14 NFL seasons ranked ninth all-time in career receptions (982), third in receiving yards (15,292) and second in receiving touchdowns (156). No word on whether or not Moss is aware of Jerry Rice’s existence (1,549 receptions, 22,895 yards, 197 touchdowns).
Be that as it may, Randy Moss was certainly one of the best receivers to ever play in the NFL, and if this truly is goodbye, we should take a moment to look back at his incredible career with a look at some of his greatest plays.
- Malcom Jenkins Won't Pull A 'Reggie Bush'
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Kate Upton's Hottest Shots Yet
- The Top 20 Weirdest Injuries in Sports History