- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The AFC Title Game Was Even More Emotional When All Of The Players Were Mic’d Up
The best assorted links from across the web (and what you should watch on TV tonight) for Monday, January 23rd. This edition brought to you by Gronk bein’ Gronk. If you’d like to see something on SportsGrid, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Now here’s our starting five.
1. TEARS. SWEAR WORDS. FOOTBALL. The instantly classic Ravens/Patriots game from last weekend gets the NFL Films treatment. I don’t need to tell you that it’s worth watching.
2. STORY OF THE DAY. “Cribb and Molineaux fought in the rain for half an hour. By the 19th round, both their faces were beaten so badly that the spectators could tell them apart only by their skin color.”
3. THE BIGGEST MOMENT OF THE JOE PATERNO MEMORIAL was when Nike’s Phil Knight defended him vigorously for his actions in the Sandusky scandal, and got a standing ovation for it.
4. BERNARD TOMIC HAS WEIRD CONFRONTATION WITH POLICE. Guy: you’re 19, are Australia’s best young tennis player, and have an attractive girlfriend. Don’t mess it up. Actually. Do mess it up, because you possess all of the necessary qualities to be our next favorite crazy international athlete.
5. NOT SPORTS RELATED, STILL IMPORTANT. A 17-year-old girl who has lived primarily on a diet of McDonald’s chicken nuggets has been rushed to the hospital with “swollen blood vessels in her tongue and the prescense of anaemia.” The obvious health implications are grave and all, but you kind of have to hand it to the child who demanded nothing but chicken nuggets her whole life… and actually got them. Remarkable negotiating skills/entitlement issues.
WHAT’S ON TV TONIGHT: North Carolina State at North Carolina (ESPN, 7 p.m.); Indiana at Wisconsin (ESPN2, 9 p.m.); Celtics at Magic (TNT, 8 p.m.); 30 Rock (NBC, 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.); Parks and Recreation (NBC, 8:30 p.m.); The Italian Job (TMC, 8 p.m.); The Amityville Horror (Syfy, 9 p.m.); Archer (FX, 10 p.m.); Jersey Shore (MTV, 10 p.m.).
AND, FINALLY TONIGHT: When rocking out goes wrong.
- Filed Under:
- Five Things You Should See On The Internet
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts