- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here’s A High School Wrestler Named Ray Lewis Losing A Championship Match In 1992
Before terrorizing ballcarriers/hamming for the cameras with the Ravens, even before building his reputation as a tackling machine at Miami, Ray Lewis played football and wrestled at Kathleen High School in Lakeland, Fla. And he was an excellent wrestler, winning a state title his senior season. And while he had an outstanding year as a junior as well, that season did not quite end in the same glory. That season ended like this (the video was uploaded earlier this week, but just came to our attention today, thanks to Prep Rally):
Clearly, Lewis took defeat pretty hard back then, too. Tip for the 49ers: if you really want to get under Lewis’ skin on Sunday, just shout “John Ancona!” at him from across the line of scrimmage. Lewis will definitely know what you mean.
- Filed Under:
- ray lewis
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Who Will the Knicks Trade for Jeremy Lin?
- Manu Ginobili's Shoe Exploded During a Game
- Jay-Z Hit With $600M Trademark Lawsuit