- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Redskins’ Logan Paulsen Shaves Off Year-Old Beard Dedicated To Friend Who Lost Leg After He Walks Again
Last summer, Washington Redskins tight end Logan Paulsen’s good friend and former UCLA roommate/teammate Nick Ekbatani was involved in a bad motorcycle accident. He lost a leg as a result of the accident, and Paulsen decided to pay tribute to his Ekbatani by refusing to shave until his friend walked again.
”One of the things I do every season is grow a beard and kinda be gross,” Paulsen said to the Washington Post last year. “But this season I’m growing it out for my friend and I’m not going to shave it until he can walk again. It’s kind of a daily reminder, when I look in the mirror, of what he’s going through.”
Here’s what Paulsen looked like during the tribute:
So he was pretty much either a homeless person or a caveman depending on what you’re into. About a month ago, Ekbatani uploaded an awesome video called “Dear Logan Paulsen…” to YouTube. Here it is:
Later that day, Ekbatani uploaded another video, this time of Paulsen shaving off his caveman beard with some epic music in the background.
“It was really good to see him walking,” Paulsen told the Washington Post. “It’s a great thing to be able to see it, and to have him send the video was really cool.”
“[My wife] was very, very happy,” he added, referring to both the demise of the beard and Ekbatani’s successful recovery. “She kind of teared up a little bit.”
We can confirm that Paulsen now looks like a normal person again, thanks to the Redskins Facebook page:
So there’s your feel good story of the day.
Photo via Getty Images
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts