- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Redskins Receiver Josh Morgan Has Incredibly Bad Luck Or Incredibly Good Luck
By now you’ve heard about the tragic mass shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington D.C. yesterday (and if you haven’t, you watch too much sports, bro), which left at least 13 people dead and led to, among other things, a moment of silence before the Monday Night Football game.
Normally we wouldn’t try to connect sports news with that of real tragedies, but there’s a story in the Washington Post about Redskins receiver Josh Morgan, who was either present or had family members present at some of the most violent moments in modern American history. The guy is either incredibly unlucky or incredibly lucky, depending on how you look at it.
Morgan’s mother works at the Navy Yard and was unable to get in touch with her immediately following the shooting. This isn’t the first time Morgan’s had to worry about his mother like this: She used to work at the Pentagon, and was there during the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Furthermore, Morgan attended Virginia Tech and was on campus during the 2007 shootings that killed 32 people.
“Unfortunately it’s not the first time,” Morgan said of fearing for his or his mother’s safety. “It happened in 9-11 when she was at the Pentagon. It happened to me when I was at Virginia Tech, the shooting down there. Kind of all too familiar with it unfortunately, I’m just praying for the best and hoping to hear from her soon.”
LaWanda Ware — that’s right, her name is Ware! — was not one of yesterday’s casualties. Our hearts go out to the families of others who were not so lucky, and hope that the Ware/Morgan family’s luck changes for the better/worse from now on.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts