- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Oh God, It Looks Like The Steelers Are Actually Going To Sign Plaxico Burress
Look, we knew the Steelers were desperate for quarterbacking help after losing both Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich to injury – see this heartbreaking list of potential signings for proof. But this? Signing Plaxico Burress, a receiver, after all that’s transpired with him over his career – not to mention that he’s 35 and a shell of his former self? Now he’s supposed to fix the Steelers under center?
Wait…I’m hearing something…hold on…
OK, so apparently the Steelers are actually signing Burress as a receiver. Well, that’s a little better. Must’ve been a hell of a workout he put on for them. Still, the fact remains that Burress is 35 and won’t be the same type of player he was the last time he was in Pittsburgh. We hadn’t heard a peep from him all season, and this came out of nowhere – the fact that he found gainful NFL employment so soon after his name surfaced surprised us, to say the least.
But have a look at what Burress did for the Jets last season: 45 catches, 612 yards, eight touchdowns. Those numbers are far from spectacular, but they show he’s still a viable option as an NFL receiver post-self-leg-shooting, and they make us a little surprised it’s taken Burress this long to catch on somewhere. He’s still 6-5 and a potential boon to the Steelers’ red zone offense – whoever’s throwing him passes. If he has anything left to give, Mike Tomlin, who commands as much respect as anyone in the NFL, will get it out of him. And if he he doesn’t? Well, it was worth a
Photo via Getty
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Rampage Jackson will Fight Rematch with King Mo