- Rams Distinguish Themselves With Teammate-On-Teammate Violence
- This Just In: Andy Dalton and Victor Cruz Are Tied In Touchdown Receptions
- Is MSU's Connor Cook College Football's Most Underrated Quarterback?
- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Rex Ryan And Cowboys TE Coach Mike Pope Compete To Have The Weirdest Training Camp Drills In The NFL
Rex Ryan and Cowboys TE coach Mike Pope seem to be competing in a bizarre training camp drill proxy war — at least that’s what it appears like if we’re to believe the images and videos that mysteriously surface on Twitter like farts in a motel hot tub.
Seriously though, what the hell is this stuff? Concentration work? A joke? A distraction from the sad state of both the Cowboys and Jets franchises? Because honestly, these “drills” just look like impromptu time-killing games conceived by a hungover gym teacher who lost the keys to the equipment room.
Ryan, borrowing from the 7th inning stretch of minor league baseball games, has his receivers dizzying themselves on baseball bats before receiving passes. Apparently Ryan comes up with his training regimen after watching drunkish 20-year-olds partying at the beach. (Ham rum, anyone?)
Then, of course, the Cowboys staff throw anything but actual footballs at their receiving corp because why would anyone do that?
is this football pic.twitter.com/o3PD2yMKhk
— Lana Berry (@Lana) August 11, 2014
This one is just creepy. Did anyone run background checks on the Cowboys’ staff?
We’re just waiting for these coaches to debut the “Wash my Dodge Durango and clean up the Rolling Rock bottles strewn throughout my recreational vehicle before my wife sees them” drill, which helps ball-catchers build camaraderie.
[GIF via The Big Lead]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts