- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Is Rex Ryan Gonna Punch Bill Belichick Tonight?
Ok, he probably won’t.
But the Patriots are hosting the Jets tonight, and we have a funny Rex Ryan/Bill Belichick story to share.
Before a Jets-Patriots game when (LaDainian) Tomlinson was with the Jets, Rex Ryan knew what would get his team amped up.
“We were playing the Patriots one time – and as I mentioned, Rex is a master motivator – it was going to be a big game, heated rivalry game, and Rex got in front of us and he said ‘Hey, I’m going to set the tempo today, guys,’” Tomlinson said on NFL Network. “He said, ‘I’m going to set the tempo when I meet Bill Belichick in the center of the field, I’m going to start it off and punch him in the face.’”
That’s hilarious. And, as Tomlinson said, it worked. He said the Jets won that game.
“I loved that,” Tomlinson said. “He was motivating his guys, and he wanted to jump it off.”
Gah. That’s a legendary quote. Remember back when people liked Rex Ryan? I liked those days. No, he wasn’t going to punch Bill Belichick, but maybe he should have. Maybe that will get people on the Jets’ side. Whaddya think, Jets haters?
- Filed Under:
- Rex Ryan
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind