- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Is Rex Ryan Gonna Punch Bill Belichick Tonight?
Ok, he probably won’t.
But the Patriots are hosting the Jets tonight, and we have a funny Rex Ryan/Bill Belichick story to share.
Before a Jets-Patriots game when (LaDainian) Tomlinson was with the Jets, Rex Ryan knew what would get his team amped up.
“We were playing the Patriots one time – and as I mentioned, Rex is a master motivator – it was going to be a big game, heated rivalry game, and Rex got in front of us and he said ‘Hey, I’m going to set the tempo today, guys,’” Tomlinson said on NFL Network. “He said, ‘I’m going to set the tempo when I meet Bill Belichick in the center of the field, I’m going to start it off and punch him in the face.’”
That’s hilarious. And, as Tomlinson said, it worked. He said the Jets won that game.
“I loved that,” Tomlinson said. “He was motivating his guys, and he wanted to jump it off.”
Gah. That’s a legendary quote. Remember back when people liked Rex Ryan? I liked those days. No, he wasn’t going to punch Bill Belichick, but maybe he should have. Maybe that will get people on the Jets’ side. Whaddya think, Jets haters?
- Filed Under:
- Rex Ryan
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ