- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Is Rex Ryan Gonna Punch Bill Belichick Tonight?
Ok, he probably won’t.
But the Patriots are hosting the Jets tonight, and we have a funny Rex Ryan/Bill Belichick story to share.
Before a Jets-Patriots game when (LaDainian) Tomlinson was with the Jets, Rex Ryan knew what would get his team amped up.
“We were playing the Patriots one time – and as I mentioned, Rex is a master motivator – it was going to be a big game, heated rivalry game, and Rex got in front of us and he said ‘Hey, I’m going to set the tempo today, guys,’” Tomlinson said on NFL Network. “He said, ‘I’m going to set the tempo when I meet Bill Belichick in the center of the field, I’m going to start it off and punch him in the face.’”
That’s hilarious. And, as Tomlinson said, it worked. He said the Jets won that game.
“I loved that,” Tomlinson said. “He was motivating his guys, and he wanted to jump it off.”
Gah. That’s a legendary quote. Remember back when people liked Rex Ryan? I liked those days. No, he wasn’t going to punch Bill Belichick, but maybe he should have. Maybe that will get people on the Jets’ side. Whaddya think, Jets haters?
- Filed Under:
- Rex Ryan
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'