- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
A Few Highlights From Robert Griffin’s NFL Debut That Are Probably Sending Redskins Fans Into A Tizzy
It’s easy to forget with things like the Olympics and Dwight Howard getting traded happening, but the NFL is back in our lives, too. Sure, it’s the preseason and most people don’t really care about the preseason, but there are certain storylines that even notoriously-untrustworthy preseason action can help shed a bit of light on, and we got a look at a couple of them last night.
First: Peyton Manning’s Denver debut. The verdict: nothing special, but just getting Manning in a competitive football atmosphere again was the biggest goal, and that was achieved. He’s Peyton Manning. He’ll shake off the rust. What we also saw, though: the first of Robert Griffin III as a Redskin. And the early returns there: pretty damn promising. Griffin finished 4-for-6 for 70 yards and a touchdown, while running once for no gain (Mike Shanahan is doubtless relieved he didn’t run – put himself at high risk of injury – any more than that), leading the Skins on their only scoring drive of a 7-6 win.
And at least in the highlights below – which, considering he only threw 6 passes, comprise a decent percentage of what Griffin did last night, he looked pretty seasoned doing it:
Again, preseason, and Pierre Garcon did pretty much all the work on that touchdown catch-and-run, but: some nice throws there, no? And getting praise from no less than Cris Carter for executing a “veteran move” has to mean something. Maybe not too much – again, and we can’t say this enough, it’s the preseason – but something nonetheless. Enough to whip Redskins fans into a frenzy? Probably, since those people haven’t had a whole lot to get excited about in recent years. Is this finally the guy who’s going to lead them back to the promised land? So far, so good… just remember, it’s the preseason.
- Zdeno Chara Anchors Bruins' Makeshift Defense
- Michael Phelps Rebounds with Notorious Hollywood Waitress
- WWE Signing New Top Wrestlers, Saturn/WWE, Damien Sandow Note
- Canelo Alvarez Hasn't Cooked Enough For Floyd Mayweather