- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Robert Kraft Says He ‘Feels Duped’ By Aaron Hernandez
Is there anyone who hasn’t duped Robert Kraft lately? As Vladimir Putin admires his Super Bowl ring, we bring you this: the Patriots’ owner broke his silence on the Aaron Hernandez arrest on Monday, saying that the tight end duped him and the organization by writing in a letter that they had nothing to fear about his behavior, and prior drug use.
“If this stuff is true, I’ve been duped, and our whole organization has been duped,” Kraft told the Boston Globe.
“Here was have a guy who, man, it looks like had the world by the tail. He said to me he wanted to be a role model to the Hispanic community,” Kraft said. “He said we’d given him a second chance, and I believed him. He was the most likable young man. This is all sad to me. Very sad.”
And there’s certainly no need to look closely into a draft pick’s background when he tells you that his first NFL jersey was a Drew Bledsoe jersey.
Kraft said Hernandez “knew how to push my buttons.” Hernandez, a native of Bristol, Conn., told Kraft after being drafted that the first jersey he owned was a Drew Bledsoe Patriots jersey.
“He was a New England kid who was a Patriot. I thought it was cool,” Kraft said.
Warning to Robert: that email from Nigeria might not be legit either.
Also, Kraft said that the team’s jersey exchange over the weekend drew more than 1,200 fans to swap their Aaron Hernandez No. 81 jerseys for those of any other New England player. Kraft said the team lost about $250,000 all told with the swap.
Photo: Associated Press.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts