- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Running Back Who Was Eaten Alive By Jadeveon Clowney Refuses To Acknowledge He’s Special Player
Journeyman Antone Smith might end up with a roster spot on the Falcons, and go on to have a successful season filling in for Steven Jackson when and if the 31-year-old back shows his age. Maybe. Of course, there’s always the possibility that none of that happens and Antone Smith goes down in history as the first NFL victim of Jadeveon Clowney — the fastest pass rusher ever.
The least Smith could do is give credit where it’s due. Ya know, like, give Clowney some props for getting into the backfield an putting his helmet on the ball carrier in literally one second. Nope. Apparently Clowney is “Just a guy.”
“I don’t see anything special,” Smith said, according to CBS Houston. “He’s just a guy. He’s a guy who plays defensive end. He plays pretty good. Made a good play.”
Sure, it was a missed blocking assignment (also an understatement), but come on, does this look like “just a guy”?
In other news, Barack Obama is “just a civil servant” and Jesus Christ was “just a carpenter who talked a lot.”
Photo via Getty
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Anderson Silva Returns to Meet Nick Diaz in Middleweight Clash
- Jermain Taylor Released On Bond
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce