- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Seahawks’ Michael Bennett Leaves Field On Stetcher With Lower Back Injury
Scary moment for the Seahawks today, as Michael Bennett was carted off the field after a back injury. Seattle’s defensive end and sack leader was actually hit by Houston quarterback Matt Schaub, who was tackled and then collided with Bennett. It appeared as if Schaub hit Bennett with his hip, and Bennett’s helmet snapped back. The Texans are leading the Seahawks 20-3 with 5:02 left in the third quarter.
Heart goes out to the family of Michael Bennett. His dad was in the crowd as he was carted off with a serious injury. pic.twitter.com/wTjIcJsb33
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 29, 2013
Chilling scene in Houston as Michael Bennett's dad screams down to his son as he's carted off the field with what looked like serious injury
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 29, 2013
Thankfully, Bennett did have movement in his arms and legs as he was taken off the field. Bennett currently is at the hospital, and the team hopes that he can return to Seattle on the team flight, according to a Fox Sports report.
More as we hear about it.
- Filed Under:
- seattle seahawks
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'