- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- Report: Ray Rice Case To Be First In NFL History Decided By Arbitrator
- SNL's 'Honest NFL Player Introductions' Has Just The Right Amount Of Awesome
- How To Watch NFL Games On TV Without Horrible Commentary
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Seahawks’ Sidney Rice Is Done With Football, Retires at 27
Sidney Rice, also known as “The guy you take in the 10th round of your fantasy football draft and swear that this is the year he returns to Pro Bowl form and helps you win — oh Jesus Christ, he’s injured again, shit, oh well,” has retired from the NFL. He’s 27 years old.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that Rice has decided to retire due to concussion concerns, according to a source who has spoken with the wide receiver. ProFootballTalk first reported Rice’s retirement. The team later announced the news.
Rice, 27, had been expected to be in a camp battle this summer for a role as an outside receiver in Seattle. He re-signed with the Seahawks in April after being released as a salary-cap casualty in February.
RIce has a history of concussions, along with almost every other type of injury. He’s walking away from a $1 million base salary this year by retiring now.
Would a million dollars have been worth it if Rice had suffered another concussion and ended up like almost every other former NFL player — mentally and physically broken? It’s a surprising decision by Rice, but good for him for knowing when to walk away.
So, yeah, don’t draft him this year.
Photo via Wikipedia
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts