- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Suspended Sean Payton’s New Role: Jimmy Buffett’s Backup Percussionist
Sean Payton is appealing his season-long suspension from coaching the Saints. Reportedly, that appeal will be heard Tuesday by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. A decision should come shortly thereafter. Payton will lose. Goodell isn’t going to make a big deal about sending such a strong message by suspending Payton for a full year, then go back on it almost immediately. This is more a case of Payton figuring – hey, it’s an option, so he might as well use it. But it’s not all bad for Payton, though. Sure, he doesn’t have the support of the commissioner… but he sure has the support of Jimmy Buffett. And Payton’s paying him back:
Well, maybe “paying him back” is a bit strong since the clearly-not-in-his-element Payton wasn’t actually doing much on the bongos, but at least he gave it a shot. And if this is a sign that Payton’s going to spend his forced exile just showing up in places and trying out various things he’s not especially good at, count us in. It’d be a very Mike Leach way of handling things, and… actually, now that we think about it, might not make a bad reality show. Don’t steal our idea.
- Filed Under:
- sean payton
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts