- Here Are The NHL First-Round Playoff Results, Based On Best Goalie Masks
- Chris Cooley Insists That RG3 Is Going To Dominate The NFL Next Year
- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Sean Smith, Who Said He Did Not Illegally Meet With The Kansas City Chiefs Before Free Agency, Signed With The Kansas City Chiefs
Most football fans met former Miami Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith on last year’s season of HBO’s Hard Knocks. He was always lined up across from (pre-headbutting) Chad Johnson, engaging in his fair share of televised smack talk. The Miami Dolphins eventually fell off the map because they’re the Miami Dolphins, and the season ended.
But then Smith popped back up on the radar because of his former teammate, Vontae Davis, who accidentally tweeted about an illegal meeting Smith, an unrestricted free agent, had with the Kansas City Chiefs – this was back on February 27th, before the date when UFAs could talk with other teams. (The tweet has since been deleted):
“I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo.”
“Ok this is getting out of hand, I’ve never talked to any other team besides the Miami Dolphins. Yes I talked to vontae and I told him Al Harris (our former coach) got the job up in KC and that I talked to him a few days ago to tell him congrats. That’s it! Now why he interpreted that as ‘talking to KC’ idk but there is NOTHING going on! This is ridiculous.”
There was no investigation by the NFL for tampering, and the matter was closed because it was never opened. But then today, Adam Schefter dropped this bomb:
Chiefs gave former Dolphins CB Sean Smith a three-year deal.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 14, 2013
Either this is quite the coincidence, or an illegal meeting between Sean Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs did in fact take place. We’re leaning towards the latter, if only because the former implies that Vontae Davis doesn’t understand the English language. Though, if he’s stupid enough to put the meeting on blast on Twitter, we might need to reconsider our stance.
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Ultimate Warrior's Hall Of Fame Speech Among Most Iconic WWE Moments
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed