- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Simpsons Takes On The NFL (Especially Cowboys Stadium)
Jerry Jones is an easy target for ridicule. The fact that he owns the Dallas Cowboys would be enough, but that combined with power he wields over the franchise and the ego that led him to pursue a stadium of this magnitude for his team…the man is a joy to mock.
And last night, The Simpsons managed to (indirectly) do just that. The show didn’t mention Jones’ name, and was really mocking the NFL in general – especially the practice of constructing buildings, at least partially funded through taxpayer money, that cost upwards of a billion dollars.
One look, though, at the outside of Springfield Atoms Stadium made it clear exactly which building the show’s writers had in mind. OK, so Cowboys Stadium doesn’t actually have a full city inside of it as this place seems to (not that we know of, at least)…but hey, the show has to take creative liberties somewhere. Video, via Fox, below.
[h/t Michael Tunison]
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?