- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Stephen Colbert On “God’s Quarterback” Tim Tebow: “Evidently Denver Has Higher Standards Than God”
Even though Tim Tebow being really, really Christian isn’t exactly news, the Easter sermon he delivered in Texas wound up being a pretty big deal – such a big deal that both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report saw fit to mention it last night. While Jon Stewart, though, used Tebow’s presence as just another sign that Easter is way more fun than Passover, Colbert used the occasion to poke a bit of fun at the pastor of the church where Tebow spoke (who, of course, is named Joe Champion). That starts at the 1:30 mark:
The “God’s quarterback” name is more prevalent than we realized (Colbert’s response, though: perfect). Shows how good Tebow is at getting himself and his message out there, since if you took every quarterback with deep religious beliefs, you’d have yourself a whole mess of quarterbacks.
Really, it was a pretty sports/physical-activity-oriented night on The Coblert Report last night: in addition to the Tebow stuff, Colbert talked about his “shame spiral” caused by seeing an 86-year-old gymnast’s flawless execution, and he did push-ups with an old man. Loaded night.
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends