- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Sun Sentinel: Dolphins Coaches Told Richie Incognito To ‘Toughen Up’ Jonathan Martin
If true this is fairly huge: Did Miami Dolphins coaches ask Richie Incognito to “toughen up” Jonathan Martin last spring? To what point was Incognito just following instructions? WHO ORDERED THE CODE RED, COL. JESSUP?! Florida Sun Sentinel:
Miami Dolphins’ coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line’s undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.
The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.
It’s not clear whether those marching orders will now become part of a pending investigation by the NFL into the Dolphins’ locker room culture, and the alleged bullying that took place between Incognito and Martin.
“I’m just trying to weather the storm right now. This will pass,” Incognito told WSVN-TV when reached outside a doctor’s office.
This indeed will pass, but hopefully not before the NFL institutes some kind of hazing ban, takes a much closer look at veterans who torment younger players, and take a magnifying glass to what’s going on with the Dolphins behind the scenes. It’s also unclear where Incognito will end up — the team has suspended him “indefinitely”, but appear to be waiting until an NFL investigation is complete to decide exactly when to release him.
This latest news may complicate things, however.
- Filed Under:
- Richie Incognito
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'