- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Sun Sentinel: Dolphins Coaches Told Richie Incognito To ‘Toughen Up’ Jonathan Martin
If true this is fairly huge: Did Miami Dolphins coaches ask Richie Incognito to “toughen up” Jonathan Martin last spring? To what point was Incognito just following instructions? WHO ORDERED THE CODE RED, COL. JESSUP?! Florida Sun Sentinel:
Miami Dolphins’ coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line’s undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.
The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.
It’s not clear whether those marching orders will now become part of a pending investigation by the NFL into the Dolphins’ locker room culture, and the alleged bullying that took place between Incognito and Martin.
“I’m just trying to weather the storm right now. This will pass,” Incognito told WSVN-TV when reached outside a doctor’s office.
This indeed will pass, but hopefully not before the NFL institutes some kind of hazing ban, takes a much closer look at veterans who torment younger players, and take a magnifying glass to what’s going on with the Dolphins behind the scenes. It’s also unclear where Incognito will end up — the team has suspended him “indefinitely”, but appear to be waiting until an NFL investigation is complete to decide exactly when to release him.
This latest news may complicate things, however.
- Filed Under:
- Richie Incognito
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World