- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Newest Oakland Raiders Cheerleader Is A Hot Grandma
Meet Oakland Raiders cheerleader Susie Sanchez. She’s a 37-year-old mother of three…and a grandmother of one.
Sanchez has officially been a Raiderette since May, but news that the Raiders will have a grandma shaking her pom-poms this fall is just now hitting the blogosphere.
Sanchez told Pinnacle News back in May that she thinks that her age and grandmother status may have played a role in her accomplishing her lifelong dream.
So when it was finally Sanchez’s turn to stand out, finally her chance to at least make somewhat of an impression, she walked onto the stage and said she was 37 years old, a mother of three, and a grandmother of one.
She felt her answer might have drawn the attention of the judges when she saw one perk up. Was it the age? Or the grandmother part?
What was for sure was that it wasn’t the only factor. Sanchez again impressed the judges with her dancing ability, skill and presence later that week – she had been dancing since she was 8, after all – and she can now safely say she is the oldest member of the Raiderettes as well.
“I just started crying,” she said after she heard her number called – lucky No. 45. “It was like, ‘wow.’ I was overwhelmed with emotion … just never give up.
“It’s life changing at that moment.”
And according to Pro Cheerleader Blog, this isn’t the first time the Raiders have had a grandma on the sidelines, as during the 2003 season, they are believed to have employed the first grandma cheerleader in NFL history in Kathy Ferrin.
But at 37, Sanchez isn’t even the oldest cheerleader in the league, as that honor belongs to Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader Laura Vikmanis.
- Filed Under:
- Oakland Raiders
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC