- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
T.J. Lang: Packers Have Discussed Taking A Knee On Every Play Until The Real Refs Come Back
The Green Bay Packers were not only robbed of a win last night, but they also had to sit through a couple-thousand mile flight home after the game (or 6,000 miles using Gruden-ithmetic). Instead of watching 6,000 replays on SportsCenter,” playing Gin Rummy, drinking Gin or Rum, listening to music, or whatever it is that football players do on long flights, the Pack got to talking.
ProFootballTalk has the scoop, via a T.J. Lang radio interview.
Offensive lineman T.J. Lang told 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit on Tuesday that, during the flight home from Seattle, the players discussed the possibility of going on strike — or simply taking a knee on every offensive snap — until the lockout of the officials ends.
If the fan outrage from last night’s debacle wasn’t enough to push Goodell and the owners to act, the players are our only hope. The players actually do have leverage, but they can only spur change with something radical like going on strike or kneeling every play. Twitter profanity won’t help. Everyone would have to agree to it, but it seems like this could actually work. Clearly it’s just talk at this point, but stranger things have happened.
I mean, what could Goodell do? Lock out the Packers? The reason they can get away with this is because most people will still watch football with replacement refs, even if they’re pissed about it. But will people watch the Green Bay Replacement Packers? The Seattle Substitutehawks? The New York Jets with a stone-throwing backup quarterback starting?
And if you’re the winless New Orleans Saints next week, playing the kneeling Pack, what do you do?
For now, this is nothing. But when players hold feces in their hand and point at the fan, the shit may soon hit the fan. Cover your face, Roger.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement