- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
TBT: 14 Old School NFL Logos That Actually Had Character
Today is Thursday, which means we must spend the vast majority of the day thinking about how cool the past was. Look at these Shawn Kemp kicks, for example. Those are cool.
With football season fast approaching, we thought we’d stop updating you on the present state of every NFL team and look back to when these teams were more than just a helmet, or a lightning bolt, or a bird’s face. Perhaps they’re afraid of backlash, but it seems like NFL franchises are adopting increasingly benign and boring logos. Back in the 1940s, and 50s, and 60s, and 70s, we had no such qualms. Kitsch wasn’t kitchsy, it was normal. We miss that.
So we went back through the logos on sportslogos.net to find some old school favorites, and came back with 13 logos that have since become relegated in favor of, like, literally a fucking helmet. An orange helmet, even though your team is the Browns. What’s the deal there?
Check ‘em out and let us know what you think:
By the way, we did this with NBA logos last year, too.
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Proof That John Cena Will Probably Never Lose Another Match
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce