- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Tennessee Titans Rookie/Superhero Saved One Mother, Three Children And A Dog From This Burning Car
Tennessee Titans rookie linebacker Jonathan Willard saved a woman and three children from an inflamed car yesterday.
During Willard’s drive to Titans training camp in Tennessee, he saw a car that looked suspiciously like it was on fire. He told TigerNet the following in an interview after the incident:
“I saw this car in front of me, and it had all kinds of black smoke coming out of it. I tried to speed up and get up next to the car to let them know the car was on fire.”
Mother of the year.
“When she pulled over, the car was really on fire at that point,” Willard said. “The driver, she acted like she was in some kind of daze or something. She told me that she didn’t stop because she didn’t think it was her car that was on fire. Another guy stopped, and we managed to get the kids and the dog out and get them to safety, and then I finally got the woman out.”
The dog got priority over the woman?
This is what the car looked like after the flames died down:
Willard is an undrafted free agent out of Clemson, who under any other circumstances would struggle to make an NFL roster. But after these heroics the Titans can’t cut him. Every conversation about cutting him in a coaches meeting would go like this:
Linebackers Coach: Willard has really struggled to pick up our defensive scheme, and the angles hes been taking to the ball have been atrocious. I don’t see anyway that he’ll make the 53-man roster.
Head Coach: Sure, but he saved four human lives and a labradoodle, my hands are tied. End of discussion, Gary.
So now that Willard saved four lives and Hernandez allegedly took one, is this offseason a net gain for the NFL and their players? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
- Filed Under:
- Tennessee Titans
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed
- NFL Combine Live: De'Anthony Thomas Runs 4.34-Second 40-Yard Dash
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications