- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Terrell Owens Is Back With The Niners — For One Game, As An Honorary Captain
While it’s not the gig he’s been hoping for, Terrell Owens will be back on an NFL field this Sunday. He’ll be the 49ers’ honorary game captain, which sadly does not come with a paycheck (to our knowledge), but is still pretty cool.
Owens will be honored in celebration of the Top 10 Moments at Candlestick Park — which, by the way, will be demolished at the end of this season. Back in 1999, Owens and quarterback Steve Young hooked up for a playoff game-winning 25-yard touchdown pass against the Packers, which ranks as the stadium’s number four moment all-time.
As nuts and emotional as Owens would prove himself to be over the years, he was a fantastic wide receiver for the Niners. He’s behind only Jerry Rice in receptions (592), receiving yards (8,572), 100-yard receiving games (25), 1,000-yard receiving seasons (5) and receiving touchdowns (81) in team history.
If Young is also in attendance, expect Owens to break down crying while screaming “That’s my quarterback!” Sorry, had to.
Photo via Getty
Owens will be the team’s honorary game captain
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success