- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Terrell Owens Is Back With The Niners — For One Game, As An Honorary Captain
While it’s not the gig he’s been hoping for, Terrell Owens will be back on an NFL field this Sunday. He’ll be the 49ers’ honorary game captain, which sadly does not come with a paycheck (to our knowledge), but is still pretty cool.
Owens will be honored in celebration of the Top 10 Moments at Candlestick Park — which, by the way, will be demolished at the end of this season. Back in 1999, Owens and quarterback Steve Young hooked up for a playoff game-winning 25-yard touchdown pass against the Packers, which ranks as the stadium’s number four moment all-time.
As nuts and emotional as Owens would prove himself to be over the years, he was a fantastic wide receiver for the Niners. He’s behind only Jerry Rice in receptions (592), receiving yards (8,572), 100-yard receiving games (25), 1,000-yard receiving seasons (5) and receiving touchdowns (81) in team history.
If Young is also in attendance, expect Owens to break down crying while screaming “That’s my quarterback!” Sorry, had to.
Photo via Getty
Owens will be the team’s honorary game captain
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts