- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The Best Super Bowl Commercial Was One You Likely Missed
Because the game itself was like a soggy firecracker, Sunday’s stage was pretty much ceded to the halftime show and the commercials. We don’t know which ad was your favorite, but mine is above.
You likely didn’t see it, because it only ran in the Savannah, GA, area. Jamie Casino is a personal injury attorney who bought up two minutes of Super Bowl airtime for this well-produced, slick revenge-fantasy, which unless I miss my guess will be an FX series before the year is out.
Over the top? Yes. Heavy-handed? Sure. But it’s a spot that people are still talking about the next day, and that’s the mission of a good commercial. It also seems to be heartfelt and real, and that’s a breath of fresh air in a landscape where most of the commercials don’t actually have anything to do with the products they’re representing (see: just about every Budweiser Super Bowl ad ever made in the past 10 years).
Besides, the commercial’s signature line: “At some point a man must ask himself why God created him”, transcends commercialism and gets to the heart of everything.
- Filed Under:
- Syuper Bowl XLVIII
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts