- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Best-Paid NFL Player In 2014 Is… Matt Ryan?
Forbes released its list of top-paid athletes for 2014 on Wednesday, and while the top five featured a somewhat predictable list of boxers (Floyd Mayweather was first for the second consecutive year, earning approximately $105 million), soccer stars (Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi ranked second and fourth, respectively), and NBA stars (LeBron James and Kobe Bryant were third and fifth, respectively), the only NFL player to crack the top 10 was Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who will earn approximately $43.8 million this year.
Most of Ryan’s earnings came from a $28 million signing bonus and $12 million option. He earned an additional $1.8 million through endorsements.
Only one other football player made it into the top 20 — Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who has made $33 million this year. Peyton Manning came in 26th ($27.1 million, with $12 coming from endorsements) and Patriots defensive back Darrelle Revis landed in the 40th spot, with $23.8 million.
You can view the whole list here, courtesy of Forbes.
Photo via Getty
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs