- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Best-Paid NFL Player In 2014 Is… Matt Ryan?
Forbes released its list of top-paid athletes for 2014 on Wednesday, and while the top five featured a somewhat predictable list of boxers (Floyd Mayweather was first for the second consecutive year, earning approximately $105 million), soccer stars (Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi ranked second and fourth, respectively), and NBA stars (LeBron James and Kobe Bryant were third and fifth, respectively), the only NFL player to crack the top 10 was Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who will earn approximately $43.8 million this year.
Most of Ryan’s earnings came from a $28 million signing bonus and $12 million option. He earned an additional $1.8 million through endorsements.
Only one other football player made it into the top 20 — Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who has made $33 million this year. Peyton Manning came in 26th ($27.1 million, with $12 coming from endorsements) and Patriots defensive back Darrelle Revis landed in the 40th spot, with $23.8 million.
You can view the whole list here, courtesy of Forbes.
Photo via Getty
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen