- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Best-Paid NFL Player In 2014 Is… Matt Ryan?
Forbes released its list of top-paid athletes for 2014 on Wednesday, and while the top five featured a somewhat predictable list of boxers (Floyd Mayweather was first for the second consecutive year, earning approximately $105 million), soccer stars (Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi ranked second and fourth, respectively), and NBA stars (LeBron James and Kobe Bryant were third and fifth, respectively), the only NFL player to crack the top 10 was Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who will earn approximately $43.8 million this year.
Most of Ryan’s earnings came from a $28 million signing bonus and $12 million option. He earned an additional $1.8 million through endorsements.
Only one other football player made it into the top 20 — Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who has made $33 million this year. Peyton Manning came in 26th ($27.1 million, with $12 coming from endorsements) and Patriots defensive back Darrelle Revis landed in the 40th spot, with $23.8 million.
You can view the whole list here, courtesy of Forbes.
Photo via Getty
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension