- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Best-Paid NFL Player In 2014 Is… Matt Ryan?
Forbes released its list of top-paid athletes for 2014 on Wednesday, and while the top five featured a somewhat predictable list of boxers (Floyd Mayweather was first for the second consecutive year, earning approximately $105 million), soccer stars (Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi ranked second and fourth, respectively), and NBA stars (LeBron James and Kobe Bryant were third and fifth, respectively), the only NFL player to crack the top 10 was Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who will earn approximately $43.8 million this year.
Most of Ryan’s earnings came from a $28 million signing bonus and $12 million option. He earned an additional $1.8 million through endorsements.
Only one other football player made it into the top 20 — Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who has made $33 million this year. Peyton Manning came in 26th ($27.1 million, with $12 coming from endorsements) and Patriots defensive back Darrelle Revis landed in the 40th spot, with $23.8 million.
You can view the whole list here, courtesy of Forbes.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts