- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The NFL Draft CRUSHED The NBA And NHL Playoffs In The Ratings
We all know the NFL is the king of American sports. But, damn, the 2014 NFL Draft, competing against two mediocre NBA Playoff games and two pretty damn good NHL playoff games, just ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED THEM in the TV ratings.
There were real, live, exciting sports going on… and people (myself included) tuned in to watch a bunch of unproven future failures model some hats.
Overnights: ESPN NFL Draft: 6.8 ESPN2 Blazers-Spurs 2.7 ESPN2 Heat-Nets: 2.6 NFL Net NFL Draft: 1.9 NBCSN Bos-Montreal 1.2 NBCSN Ana-LA: 0.7
— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) May 9, 2014
We can complain about concussions and 18-game schedules and HGH all we want, but until we stop watching thinks like NFL-sponsored hat-modeling competitions, the league can do whatever the hell it wants.
- Filed Under:
- NFL Draft
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee