- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Redskins’ Throwback Jerseys And Fake Leather Helmets Actually Look Good
The Pittsburgh Steelers caught a lot of flack for wearing their ugly throwback jerseys last week, but the Washington Redskins shouldn’t received that same hate today against the Carolina Panthers.
The Skins donned their 80th anniversary throwback uniforms this afternoon, complete with fake leather helmets (Read: the helmets are made to look like leather, not that they’re wearing pleather. That would just be stupid.), and wouldn’t you know it, it actually looks pretty good.
Take a look as RGIII models the unis:
RGIII wearing the Redskins 80th anniversary throwback uniform with a leather-colored helmet twitter.com/BleacherReport…
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 4, 2012
Granted, I’m also a fan of the Detroit Lions’ throwback uniforms, but I really like this simple, classic look. I know using these uniforms means no one on the Panthers will be momentarily distracted by scary Native Americans on the side of the Washington helmets, but I’m on board.
I actually wish more teams would go to this kind of clean look full-time, like how the Cleveland Browns have stuck with their classic uniforms all these years rather than putting a ferocious brown blob on their helmets. But that’s just me.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager