- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Top 8 Awful Things That Have Happened To Washington’s NFL Team This Season
I don’t believe in curses, the supernatural or humans shape-shifting into the form of a wolf, but something not of this world seems to be happing in Washington D.C., NFL-wise. In addition to being 3-8, Dan Snyder’s football club is being hammered by activists seeking to change its nickname, and a FedEx Field beer vendor was robbed following the MNF game at taser-point. Serenity Now!
Here are the top ten awful things that have happened to the Deadskins so far:
1. Native American nickname controversy. So far its been an absolute pummeling, and Dan Snyder is losing. Snyder managed to find four Native Americans willing to don his team’s gear prior to the game on Monday night, as the team honored Navajo Code Talkers. But already critics are complaining that it was an empty gesture, solely engineered for PR purposes. When the team goes on the road, there are actually demonstrations. RIP, Washington nickname. Even Jesse Ventura is against you.
Jesse Ventura says the Washington football team’s name is racist http://t.co/SpMd89fAi6
— Amanda Terkel (@aterkel) November 11, 2013
2. FedEx Field vendor robbed at taser-point. This allegedly happened following the MNF game, and the crook is still at large. Poor vendor.
3. Unrelenting meme attacks. In addition to the brilliant one above, fans have used “Family Guy” to great effect, as well.
Redskins fans are having a ROUGH time this year pic.twitter.com/4Fs8rYWQ4l
— SportsNation (@SportsNation) November 26, 2013
4. The fall of RGIII. Coming back from a knee injury is harder than you’d think. I think the screen capture below about sums up his season so far.
— CBSSports.com (@CBSSports) November 26, 2013
Saw the Redskins honored Navajo Code Talkers. Incorrigble Cynic asks, “Who’s next, Dan? Johnny Depp as Tonto?”
— Dave Kindred (@DaveKindred) November 26, 2013
Lazy, bush/league technique by Josh Wilson vs a route that he was supposed to be outside levg anyway! Wonder why #Redskins def stinks?
— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) November 26, 2013
Redskins cutting negative RG3 plays from film session is like cutting the F-word from Scarface. What’s left?
— Paul Pabst (@PaulPabst) November 25, 2013
6. Their fans are attacking each other with hot dogs. According to police, a husband and wife argued over the guy discussing their sex life, and it ended like this. (NSFW language):
from Maske, Stephen Bowen will miss the rest of the season for the Redskins with a knee injury
— Brad James (@BroncosItaly) November 26, 2013
8. No free pizza toppings.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts