- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Tim Tebow Mocked Brady Quinn And Notre Dame Because, How Could You Not?
Tim Tebow, by all accounts, is one of the nicest guys around. But even the nicest of guys just can’t help making fun of Brady Quinn and Notre Dame. After being announced as the newest member of the Gators Boosters board for the University of Florida, Tebow spoke about a lot of people and things, including Quinn, despite not explicitly dropping his name.
“I had a teammate at Denver who played the same position as me and he went to the University of Notre Dame. He would brag about his university, how great it was. Most of us in the locker room were like, ‘C’mon, we all had opportunities. We chose not to go there.’ … But he talked so much about his university that it became easy. I’d say, ‘Your whole team had one guy who ran under a 5.0 40 [yard dash]. Our kicker ran under 5.0.’”
Ouch. Tebow winning, as usual. And when Tim Tebow is making fun of you, you know you went wrong somewhere. This played out exactly how we imagined it, with Quinn talking himself up and Tebow shutting him down easily. Unfortunately, beating out Mark Sanchez for a starting job will be more difficult than shutting up a cocky Notre Dame graduate.
UPDATE: The story has been taken down. We assume that this was done by Tebow’s people, even though this wasn’t really a big deal. Or was it divine intervention, like all of his fourth-quarter miracles?!?!
- Mikey Garcia Could Face Burgos in First Defense?
- Head to Head: Pacquiao vs. Rios
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident
- Ranking The NFL QB's In The 7 TD Club